Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Astaro should offer ACC in the cloud

For small businesses it is not too comfortable to run an extra server for ACC. Even when they have several small branch offices, they don't always have an virtual server which will take that additional task.
An ACC, run by Astaro would be reachable by all ASGs and the admin only gets access to his company's machines.
This could also help for people which want for their needs two ACC connections.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wkwk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • megaposermegaposer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request seems to gradually gather some support.

Astaro would of course be very interested whether there is enough demand to warrant putting ACC out as a cloud-based service.

• Jason ReidJason Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Am very interested in this post and anyone who wants a hosted/cloud based ACC service. I work for Network Resource Group who are Astaro's first Managed Service Provider. More information on our organisation and the partnership we have with Astaro can be found in this press release.

http://www.astaro.com/news-events/press-releases/network-resource-group-offers-managed-security-service

With regards to cloud based services we would be very happy to see the interest in the user base for a hosted ACC platform. for more information and to discuss this option further please feel free to email me at jreid@sysonline.net

• Matt HorningMatt Horning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting thought. I could see this being a benefit. For myself I dont have an issue with another server but I would like to keep that traffic off my network.

• wkwk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the reason, that Patrick asked for two connections, it would be a good solution to have an ACC in the cloud. So all ASGs could connect to this ACC and Patrick gets access to the ASGs of his costumers and he can grant subrights to the one costumer, who also wants to use an ACC.

• megaposermegaposer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Generally, ACC would already be more or less cloud-suitable and the current multi-client model already offers restricted access to devices of different customers.

Could you please clarify how an ACC in-the-cloud would help people requiring two ACC connections?

Feedback and Knowledge Base