Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Mail Protection: SMTP Mail Address Rewriting

It is often useful to forward or rewrite incoming mail domains or specific email addresses to a user or usergroups. It would be great if the feature would be possible. For example *@domain-A.de forward to hans.muster@meinefirma.de, or all messages from info@domaene-B.de forward to Felix.Hubert@meinefirma.de,

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ramon LustratiRamon Lustrati shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChristianChristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Ramon. Please add this feature asap.

It is _very_ usefull for old or consolidated accounts that aren't available on the mail system anymore but you won't loose the mailadress (and therewith the incomming mails).

• Brad HoskingBrad Hosking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is available in the Sophos Virtual Mail Appliance. Worked perfectly. We have since moved to the UTM... it's missing and it was very useful especially when a staff member left and you wanted to move their emails to someone else.
        Would be excellent if it could be incorporate to the Mail Protection systems of the UTM

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful with exchange 2013 which now doesn't include the Hedge Server role, therefore address rewriting is not possible anymore, unless you install the Hedge Role from Exchange 2010 which i believe wouldn't make sense to keep bringing forward old stuff...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this very urgend. As Sophos UTM 9.x is working with exim it can not be a lot of work to make this feature come true. Please add this feature to the email-protection of webadmin. "begin rewrite" is a feature of exim and could therefore not be so extremely complex to implement. It would therefore be very nice to see this in a near upcoming version.

• Markus SchellMarkus Schell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we also need this. Should be easy to implement, as the exim mailserver used in the UTM allows header rewrites when directly editing the exim.conf. This would work, but without this beeing implemented in the webinterface it could be destroyed with every update. So please implement this into one of the next releases.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Diese Funktion wäre für uns auch sehr wichtig. Wir müssen alle eingehenden Mails umschreiben. Wir bekommen alle Mails im folgenden Format: z.B. *@domain.provider.de unsere tatsächliche Adresse ist aber z.B. *@domain.de. Da wir von unserem Provider die Mails aber nicht in dieser Form bekommen können müssen wir diese umschreiben bevor diese an unseren Exchange weitergeleitet werden. Derzeit haben wir dafür einen Postfix nachgeschaltet, der die Header entsprechend anpasst. Ist daher ein 1000-Prozentiges MUST HAVE

• ralphralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Damit lässt sich viel Arbeit sparen.
        Es könnten alle ankommenden Mails *@domain.de an eine Adresse weiter geleitet werden. Bei unserer alten System (Mimesweeper) war das möglich. Deshalb ist es für uns ganz wichtig.

Feedback and Knowledge Base