Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: Multiple bridge support

Many SMBs have outposts that do not have the perfect infrastructure to install servers there.
So for several reasons (Security and Maintenance) we would like to install their dedicated servers in the HQ but appearing still as LAN devices.

Pretending bandwith is not an issue we would like to use RED to connect the outpost clients to the servers in the HQ.
To keep the network simple we need the possibility to configurer more than one bridge interface in ASG
The servers appear to be in the clients local network, but are protected and seperated behind Astaro Gateway.

Example:
RED-Interface.1 <-> dmz.int.vlan1 ==>br0
RED-Interface.2 <-> dmz.int.vlan2 ==>br1
RED-Interface.3 <-> dmz.int.vlan3 ==>br2

2,389 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    karstenknechtkarstenknecht shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason LeeJason Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only one product of Sophos can't sell to Enterprise accounts. please think it BIG.

• Jack ChenJack Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are the distributor of Sonicwall in Taiwan, we can change the vendor to Sophos if you can provide multiple bridge. Because it's the market demand.

• Frank PanFrank Pan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From the point view of professional network security solution, multiple bridge almost is a basic function. I think everybody should be surprised why Sophos don't have the ability to do it.

• Jeff TsaiJeff Tsai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to change Sonicwall to Sophos UTM but Sophos have this problem, how can we change the focus selling product to Sophos ?

• Angus ChenAngus Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sell network devices for more than 10 years, multiple bridge needed by customer. No reason.

• Amana LaiAmana Lai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boss pushed me to sell Sophos UTM but can't fit the environment of customers. How can I survive ?

• C. J. SuuC. J. Suu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we quite need this feature, we just lost serveral case.
        If you can support by-pass that would be better.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linux supports this, and the UTM runs linux, so it's not like this would take as much development effort as many other features. It's pretty disappointing that the UTM still lacks this feature in version 9.

• firmwarekingfirmwareking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With an increasing number of RED devices connected to our ASGs, the need for more than one bridge becomes more and more urgent.

• Leland VandervortLeland Vandervort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have exactly the same requirement, using RED devices connecting to ASG 8.300. Need to separate the LAN segments for different "classes" of remote site.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base