Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

SSL VPN: Convert .ovpn to .apc/.epc for Site-to-Site SSL Tunnels

Please make a tool to conver regular openvpn configuartion files to your apc/epc format. Without such a tool it is impossible to use an astaro as client for existing openvpn server.

1,179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ruben PüttmannRuben Püttmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd not have thought that this would be missing.
        Loving various aspects of UTM - getting confused by others - but just flabbergasted that this is absent...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried Sophos for home use, found this feature missing, moving on to something else. You really need to add this in.

• coewarcoewar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey Mickey.. if you need any help with that, send me a note: ithelp45-astaro@yahoo.com
        I used StrongSWAN and have updated it several times and entirely replaced all our Astaro/Sophos VM's doing IPSec VPN with this.

• Migrating MickeyMigrating Mickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally making the switch from sophos to an open-source solution.

With all the state sponsored interception stuff going on and the fact that sophos cant pull of something as simple as a non-proprietary openvpn client option, there's no reason to keep me using sophos.

So begins the migration to a better network.

• Medric CastleMedric Castle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on over 1000 of use want it please create something for us even a workaround please and thank you.

• Justin HowJustin How commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crazy that you can't import OpenVPN files into UTM or convert them.
        Please just drop the proprietary format.

• joshjosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane that so many people have asked for this for over 5 years and yet Sophos hasn't even given a response....I use sophos at my house but it looks like for my work this is a required feature......so I guess we will be looking some where else. Unfortunate because I like Sophos.

• BrkBrk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Giving up on Astaro because of this missing feature. Really need to be able to connect a cloud server into our environment with a consistent IP address. Not possible as it stands now.

Noticed that it isn't specifically a config file conversion. Looks like Astaro is using some sort of helper shared object that likely isn't compatible.

In any case, it needs to happen. I could convert all my sites to astero, but not my cloud networks that I need to tunnel as well.

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a feature request for over 5 years! How is it that this does not exist at all? How is it that Sophos cannot natively just import the .ovpn files? If this remains in this unresolved state, I will be forced to find another solution.

• OlivierOlivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 2015 it is a fundamental feature to have UTMs being OpenVPN clients allowing secured routing of sensitive data!

One reason am still using pfsense because Sophos doesnt allow openvpn client. I would be keen to know why does it compete with any other producs sophos offers.

Sophos-this is a must-have feature! I agree with what others have said: at least respond to all these comments and votes and either add the feature, or at least start a discussion on why it isn't implemented. If there are implications we are unaware of, please share that with us.

• DigigroundDigiground commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge requirement for some offices, many times we can only replace 1 or 2 firewalls a year or at a time. This creates a huge headache for other locations that would need to connect back that are currently using OpenVPN tunnels. This would allow us to offer Sophos in more enviroments and increase deployment speed. The basics are there, would probably could even install a package on the UTM itself via root.. - DigiGround LLC, Gold Partner Requesting.

• MedricMedric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i cant believe this is still not implemented it has been over 5 years now since we have asked for such a simple request. ovpn is apart of the distro why is it so hard to make a tool to give us back what is already inside of the system?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base