Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

SSL VPN: Convert .ovpn to .apc/.epc for Site-to-Site SSL Tunnels

Please make a tool to conver regular openvpn configuartion files to your apc/epc format. Without such a tool it is impossible to use an astaro as client for existing openvpn server.

941 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ruben PüttmannRuben Püttmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One reason am still using pfsense because Sophos doesnt allow openvpn client. I would be keen to know why does it compete with any other producs sophos offers.

Sophos-this is a must-have feature! I agree with what others have said: at least respond to all these comments and votes and either add the feature, or at least start a discussion on why it isn't implemented. If there are implications we are unaware of, please share that with us.

• DigigroundDigiground commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge requirement for some offices, many times we can only replace 1 or 2 firewalls a year or at a time. This creates a huge headache for other locations that would need to connect back that are currently using OpenVPN tunnels. This would allow us to offer Sophos in more enviroments and increase deployment speed. The basics are there, would probably could even install a package on the UTM itself via root.. - DigiGround LLC, Gold Partner Requesting.

• MedricMedric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i cant believe this is still not implemented it has been over 5 years now since we have asked for such a simple request. ovpn is apart of the distro why is it so hard to make a tool to give us back what is already inside of the system?

Yes, please add this feature, I think using an open standard then creating a proprietary and closed configuration model for it is very awkward! It would be much appreciated if this aspect of Astaro was made fully open and standards compliant.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to allow the UTM to connect as a client to existing openvpn servers.

please can you make this possible... this is a real killer on this firewall for me... I have been able to make Pfsense do it... with VPN providers becoming more prevalent this would be useful for many people

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base