Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

SSL VPN: Convert .ovpn to .apc/.epc for Site-to-Site SSL Tunnels

Please make a tool to conver regular openvpn configuartion files to your apc/epc format. Without such a tool it is impossible to use an astaro as client for existing openvpn server.

862 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ruben PüttmannRuben Püttmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to allow the UTM to connect as a client to existing openvpn servers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please can you make this possible... this is a real killer on this firewall for me... I have been able to make Pfsense do it... with VPN providers becoming more prevalent this would be useful for many people

• coewarcoewar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have built my own IPSEC VPN routers using the StrongSWAN stuff. I can help you do it too; we ditched a lot of our Sophos Astaro units.

I'm amazed that sophos is ignoring so many requests. Considering that so many of the building blocks, such as openvpn, ipv6 tunnels and proxy servers are supported, it makes no sense why this feature has not been implemented. I'm running out of patience. I've avoided pfsense because it wouldn't run on hyper-v, but that has changed with the latest release. I'm giving it a close look. I would rather not stop using utm, but I do not like having to manually manage a vpn.

hello sophos,

needless to say that I also really would like to have this feature (for a lot of reasons (:P)

what is my suggestion?

well, I understand, that is quite difficult to have this feature implemented in the GUI of the the UTM ... for the complexity of modes, parameters and ....

so, offer a external command line tool for this conversion (linux, win, java)

Sophos, please take action on that and bring us OpenVPN client to Sophos UTM.
        Others are also capable acting as an OpenVPN Client.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base