Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

URL Redirection

It would be great if it would be possible to redirect certain URLs

For example:

www.company.com => www.company.ch/site1
www.company.com/site1 => www.company.com/newsite

Thank you :)

346 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanielDaniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: URL Redirect is missing - we moved from TMG.  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Web Server Protection: Add Mod_Rewrite support (URL Rewriting)  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ArjenArjen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature! I am surprised to see that this feature of TMG has never made it to the UTM, as sometimes our published web page is part of an appliance, which we cannot modify to configure the redirect on that part.

We need to have our users being able to use (for example) www.company.com/vpn to be redirected to vpn.company.com/site/subsite/app/index.html, so they can easily remember it..

• WCS QLD Support TeamWCS QLD Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This basic feature is a must have. It is unbelievable that this has not been implemented yet. Paying over $18000 for a UTM and it has no support for a simple, most basic feature in a reverse proxy server. What makes us more angry is the fact that Sophos does not seem to care at all. Where are they replies to this request???? The first request was in 2012!!!??? Back to square one.

• ANXANX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        are there any news releated to this issue? Is the plan to implement this kind of redirection?
        Workarounds on app servers are not the good solution for us.
        THX a lot

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen quite some questions regarding this option in the forum and I would really like it if it's being implemented.

• Duncan NewellDuncan Newell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is done easy in TMG and Sophos are getting TMG users like us to move over but we cant do this, I hope they add this feature soon, as this is stopping us move some sites over at the moment,

• Clayton DillardClayton Dillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our web apps make extensive use of Mod_Rewrite so this is a must-have feature. This along with no transparent reverse proxy and the inability to create, modify, enable and disable individual WAF rules makes the Astaro WAF unusable for us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base