Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

RED: 1:1 NAT Support for RED devices

two remote LANs with the same IP range/netmask cannot be connected to the same central ASG by using RED devices in the remote offices. ASG wouldn´t be able to route the traffic on the central ASG correctly.

All examples have in common (which is likely), that several of the "remote LAN's" will have the same IP ranges (e.g. surely 192.168.1.0/24 and 10.1.1.0/24 will be used often).

As the RED device bridges the LAN to the central ASG, there is no possibility to route the network traffic correctly on the central ASG.

So we need a SNAT/MASQ mechanism on the RED devices, so the RED devices can hide the remote LAN's IP's behind a static, centrally route-able IP.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Elmar HaagElmar Haag shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Patrick RuchPatrick Ruch shared a merged idea: Network Mapping  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LucianoLuciano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have multiple client sites with the same IP and this feature will help us to remove all the Router installed on each site. Please add this feature to make RED very very good option.

• Gert HansenGert Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will NOT integrated SNAT and MASQ into RED devices as we want to make sure the functionality and logic inside RED stays as simple as it is today. The simpler it is, the less it fails. :)
        But we are aware of these and similar use case and we already work on prototyping a feature called 'virtual networks for RED', which allows you to specify a Virtual network on the RED configuration inside the ASG and we will perform the Network Mapping NETMAP on the ASG. You will get a 1:1 mapping of RealIP and VirtualIP.

• Benjamin HodgeBenjamin Hodge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this now!!! Almost every application and project I and my partners want to use RED for needs this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base