Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

SafeGuard Management Center to prompt for old password upon AD password reset as an option

Currently when customers using SGN without DE, they do not have an option to use the password recovery methods (C/R or LSH) when their users have forgotten their password. The only way is to reset user password via AD. Upon reset of password, user login to windows, users are prompted to key in old password to ensure DX works properly. Having forgotten the old password, SGN Admin has to remove and recreate the certificate at the SGN MC. Customer finds this troublesome as it involves extra process for their HelpDesk and it may come as a cost internally to the customer. Is there any way to automate this process making it transparent to the users and Helpdesk? Or can the "Prompt for Old Password" be made as an option?

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Easan SathiyalingamEasan Sathiyalingam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert PrechtelRobert Prechtel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos Professional Service provides a custom solution for this scenario.
        Please contact Sophos to get more information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base