Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Email Protection: Filtering blocked Attachments

The Email Protection is forwarding mails with blocked attachments (filetype or mime type) directly to the quarantine and the user gets only max. two quarantine-mails/information about this blocked mails. This could be a problem with the delay in (for example) judgment ares or court of justices. How about filtering out the blocked attachments in a separate quarantine mail and forwarding the rest of the mail, including allowed attachments to the mailserver/user? The user could be informed about a blocked attachment in the quarantine. So we separate the area of blocked antivirus mails with blocked attachments.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michel from NetworkGuy.deMichel from NetworkGuy.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forefront Protection for Exchange Server is a Product which does exactly what you describe! We still use the FPfE instead of the UTM Features because ist confusing for the Users when the Mails arrive delayed. FPfE takes the Attachment and replaces it with a .txt file so the User recieves the Mail with the Information that the Mail had filtered Content. The Users can read the Text of the Mail. And we can Restore the Blocked Content if needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base