Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Mail Protection: Non-delivery report for blocked Outgoing messages

In my opinion its useful to receive a Non Delivery report for outgoing sended emails. Blocked file extensions like .exe or .bat will block ANY directions of mails (extern to intern and also intern to extern).

These messages will be quarantined however internal users will not receive any information about that like an NDR. He belief, that the mail was delivered correctly.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    monthyburnsmonthyburns shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Heiko SaftHeiko Saft shared a merged idea: The internal user should get a NDR (Non Delivery Report) if his outgoing mail was blocked.  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marco WolfMarco Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was implemented in UTM 9. Extract from 9.0 release notes:

For SMTP Mail scanning, if you choose to scan outgoing messages, the sender will now get a
        notification if one of their outgoing messages has been blocked by the system (e.g. for a virus
        detected).

• Daryn C.Daryn C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not only a good idea but a must. Not the admin but the user who sent it should receive na NDR. The Mail should also be delivered without the attachment.

• Ed KokEd Kok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second that.
        Also true for blocked messages quarantined as spam. When the option "Scan relayed (outgoing) messages" is enabled, the user ist not notified about this.

Ed

Feedback and Knowledge Base