Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Mail Protection: Multiple times for Quarantine Digest delivery

Please add the ability to specify more than 2 time times for sending the quarantine report.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PhilippWindrichPhilippWindrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    philip lockphilip lock shared a merged idea: Set time Quotas on Quarantine emails  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damir ImamovicDamir Imamovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got no more votes. However, I would like to say this is one of essentials features and it has been show stopper on some sales prospects we had before. Simple, if company is communicating with a lot of people using ADSL in eastern Europe, there is great chance that that IP is on some of antispam lists ...

So this should be configurable in way that customer can actually decide when report will be released. If they want report every hour, so be it...

• AdminAdmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add more time slots for sending quarantine reports on a day!

Or just ignore time slots and always(!) send quarantine reports out to the specific users which got spam (for example).

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been asking for this feature since first using Sophos when it was in it's infancy.
        I'm glad to see it may be considered by dev as a viable option.

• Jill OviattJill Oviatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that there should be an option to send out a "quarantine report" either immediately or every hour. I missed a whole day of production on a publication because the proof came in at 9am and I didn't get it until 4pm.

• Ifor DaviesIfor Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not give the option to send out a "quarantine report" type email (ie. one with the Release/Whitelist links) immediately that an email is quarantined? Business users shouldn't have to wait several hours before being able to release a potentially important email - surely the purpose of UTM is to protect my network, not to annoy my customers?

Second best option would be an option to send quarantine reports every X hours (where X goes all the way down to 1).

• Peter KühnelPeter Kühnel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best way to handle the problem is to send an e-mail notice to the recepient that his (may be expected) e-mail was moved into quarantine. This notice must be generated even in the same moment of quarantining the e-mail.

• Simon ShawSimon Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a dropdown list of when to send it.
        IE: 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 16 hours, 24 etc.

• QuesenberryQuesenberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our customers get messages that are quarantined and they need them right away and cannot wait the 4 hours during the day or up to 16 hours in the evening to know if they have a message waiting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base