Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Mail Protection: Multiple times for Quarantine Digest delivery

Please add the ability to specify more than 2 time times for sending the quarantine report.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PhilippWindrichPhilippWindrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    philip lockphilip lock shared a merged idea: Set time Quotas on Quarantine emails  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jill OviattJill Oviatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that there should be an option to send out a "quarantine report" either immediately or every hour. I missed a whole day of production on a publication because the proof came in at 9am and I didn't get it until 4pm.

• Ifor DaviesIfor Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not give the option to send out a "quarantine report" type email (ie. one with the Release/Whitelist links) immediately that an email is quarantined? Business users shouldn't have to wait several hours before being able to release a potentially important email - surely the purpose of UTM is to protect my network, not to annoy my customers?

Second best option would be an option to send quarantine reports every X hours (where X goes all the way down to 1).

• Peter KühnelPeter Kühnel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best way to handle the problem is to send an e-mail notice to the recepient that his (may be expected) e-mail was moved into quarantine. This notice must be generated even in the same moment of quarantining the e-mail.

• Simon ShawSimon Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a dropdown list of when to send it.
        IE: 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 16 hours, 24 etc.

• QuesenberryQuesenberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our customers get messages that are quarantined and they need them right away and cannot wait the 4 hours during the day or up to 16 hours in the evening to know if they have a message waiting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base