Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Web Security: "Phrase Weighting" for Content Filtering

Add phrase weighting to the content filtration much like what is used in Dansguardian, this would much improve the current content filtration. When used right it would allow pages within an otherwise approved domain or url such as YouTube to be blocked if inappropriate content is present. As is the case with Dansguardian the aggressiveness of this type of filtering can be adjusted quite a bit.

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremy MetzlerJeremy Metzler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    danduvdanduv shared a merged idea: Add weighted phrase filtering to the content filter  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HescominsoonHescominsoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a good start. I would rather see squid+DG fully implemented instead of the constantly problematic proprietary proxy in use now.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also buy it, even if it was a literal lift of the dansguardian platform
        I think it is open source as well, so cribbing off of the code would be easy

• danduvdanduv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should really not be that difficult to include; I would buy a license in a heartbeat if it was included.

• Bastian HaasBastian Haas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I know this feature from other filtering solutions.

You define a certain threshold and give each phrase a certain weight (positive OR negative!).

• alhadialhadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes indeed, those phrase lets say thriple thing can be blocked and ofcource its very inapopriate.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Theoretically, TrustedSource can block individual pages, but the reality is that gazillions of pages will never be classified. In the USA, where a company can get sued if one person sees an unclothed person on a co-worker's computer, this capability would make a good addition to Astaro's marketability. This really shouldn't be that difficult to add.

Feedback and Knowledge Base