Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Allow RED to access the internet line when the Main UTM line is disconnected

This added mode could mean no disruption to the branch operations in case the UTM is down due to internet issues and cannot be up soon enough. Once the RED detected the UTM is up, it will establish connection and all traffic can be channel to the UTM once again.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BenBen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only internet access is not possible, but even the local network doesn't work at all!
        It should be possible for the RED to remember important settings during a disconnection and reestablish the tunnel to the UTM when possible, best without constant reboots.

For example there is a Server behind the RED and an AP for the LAN, but no one can connect to the Wifi while the connection to UTM is gone. Not nice!

• Daniel GutierrezDaniel Gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the UTM (ASG) is unavailable (off) the RED device does not work, leaving the branch office without internet access. They are kept in a reboot cycle.
        I think the RED devices are able to do functions that allow Internet access to users while they can not communicate with the UTM. This may be an optional function authorized by the system administrator.
        One check for activating this function on the RED configuration parameters should be displayed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base