Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Web Server Protection: Support for ActiveSync 14.1

WAF doesn't support ActiveSync 14.1, i.e. after you install SP3 for Exchange 2010, you can't use use WAF to protect your ActiveSync Server anymore. This is poor.

155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hanspeter HolzerHanspeter Holzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it even works. Sadly the KB article does not exist anymore (as many others), and that confuses people. There should be some predefined templates for things like this!

• Jim HarrisonJim Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steven,

- Mac Mail doesn't use ActiveSync - it uses a variant of RPC/HTTP (Outlook Anywhere).
        - "reported cases of accounts being compromised" - is unlikely to be related to WAF behavior or cookie signing. Maybe a check on your password policies (behavioral as well as technical) is in order?
        - "emails being sent from a device are coming up different addresses" - is also unrelated to WAF behavior.

• Steven BainSteven Bain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac Mail and other Mail Clients refuse to Sync with this. OWA is accessible. Other devices fail to sync properly, and reported cases of accounts being compromised. This is due to a cookie signing issue and not allowing Exchange EWS to 'talk' with the devices. Also reported that emails being sent from a device are coming up different addresses that reside on the Exchange Server. this is not good at all!

• Jim HarrisonJim Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Curious what you see as not working?
        I'm using E2010SP3+ with WinPhone 7.5 and 8 through UTM 9.105 with no problems?

Feedback and Knowledge Base