Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

RED: Restart tunnel instead of unit

When the internet connection drops at the main site (UTM location) the RED restarts to get the tunnel up again. When (for some reason) the internet connection stays down at the main site all internet activities at the remote location are down due to continuous restarts of the RED. If the RED only tries to pick up the tunnel, the internet at the remote location can still be used.

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex GnocchiAlex Gnocchi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew KayAndrew Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that the RED was a "fail closed" device which means that if in split mode the tunnel goes down, the RED will no longer forward *any* traffic. If so, that makes this moot.

• Jan MullerJan Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are You using RED50? We had problems with RED50 restarts we were talking to support. We recieved hotfixes to greatly reduce restart time, I imagine they will be released some time soon. Also, do You have AP5 usb wifi plugged into RED? This caused problems as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. Rebooting the device is not a option when uses as default gateway for the local LAN. All clients are losing their connection to internet until the problem on the utm location is solved…

Feedback and Knowledge Base