Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

VPN: Auto-Update SSL VPN Client

It would be nice if the SSL VPN client would automatically update itself from the UTM when the client connects and a new version is available.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThorstenThorsten shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    flaserraflaserra shared a merged idea: Automatic upgrade process for SSL VPN Client  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pfboyerpfboyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After somes UTM patches, the SSL-VPN client must be reloaded / upgraded. In this case, the user must be informed that the (old) allready installed client need to be updated with a choice button like: "Update now". Thank you .

• pfboyerpfboyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes , it will be very usefull, anyway better than a green traffic light who doesn´t work after a UTM Patch ( by approx. 300 coworkers !)

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sslvpn client update could come from the cloud. But it would ensure that the client is at the version it should be for the sophos utm version. Or just updated to the latetst.

• Scott KlassenScott Klassen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if it could work like the Cisco Anyconnect client. Will automatically update the client if a newer version is available on the "server" (Cisco ASA in the case of this example). This upgrade process provides notification to the user, but happens without user interaction. The user needs no administrative priviledges for this to happen, as the install is run by the Anyconnect service (as LocalSystem). This last part is very important for business usage. Users running as admin is sssoooo 2002.

Feedback and Knowledge Base