Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Allow multiple simultaneous html5 vpn users

http://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/vpn-site-site-remote-access/46551-html5-portal-multiple-users.html

Basically we need the ability to establish a pool of html 5 connections so more than one user can use the html5 portal at a time using rdp or any other protocol.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WwarrenWwarren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith OakleyKeith Oakley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too were under the impression that multiple users could use a connection simultaneously (not 'shared session'), since they log in using their own credentials. We have a terminal server that about 60 people can access. I've now had to create 60 duplicates of the Terminal Server connection so should more than one person at a time want to use it they can.
        With the guide saying 'Note that the number of connections is limited to 100.', we'll hit this limit pretty quickly, unless these can be consolidated down to 1 connection that multiple people can use simultaneously.

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had actually rolled this out under the assumption this was already the case (ala Windows SBS Remote Access Portal). Only after introduction did we realize this is limited to 1 connection per server... We have a farm of 23 TS servers and a single HTML5 connection directed to the session broker which initially appeared to work, but as the remote users began to adopt this new system it became obvious this was a huge mistake!

• Iain MorrisonIain Morrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely useful to allow multiple people access to remote desktop servers via the portal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base