Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

RED: VLAN port configuration on RED

It would be extremely handy to be able to configure the individual ports on a RED to support different VLANs -- for instance, port 1 and 2 could have VLANs 20 and 30 tagged, with ports 3 and 4 running untagged (VLAN 1)... really handy for a branch office setup with VOIP, etc. It would also be nice to be able to configure a hybrid port as well.. .that is, one that you can configure a native VLAN on (untagged) with tagged VLAN IDs all on the same port, a la Cisco, etc.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrucekConvergentBrucekConvergent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    francoiscorfdirfrancoiscorfdir shared a merged idea: RED: Support VLAN's behind RED  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve LaffertySteve Lafferty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the RED handle 802.1Q tagged packets (VLANs). I don't necessarily need to tag the physical port on the RED but I would like to see the RED pass these packets through to the ASG so I can handle appropriately. Otherwise I need 1 RED for each VLAN that I need to handle.

• maygyvermaygyver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Switchport Must be configured with vlans tagged to it. Let's say your Interface has Vlan 12,13,205 , so the Switchport Must have at least, 12,13,205 tagged or all vlans tagged( might called Trunk port)

• maygyvermaygyver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just setup vlan Interfaces on the Red physikal Interface. Setup Switch port connected to Red with tagged Ports for vlans.

• Jason MougeotJason Mougeot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried and doesn't seem to work...how have you done it. the asg will allow you to create ethernet vlans but does not chat to my switch.

Feedback and Knowledge Base