Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

UTM Endpoint: Client for Apple / Mac

Have the ability to have Macintosh Endpoint Protection Clients

403 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James BrownJames Brown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Sophos Endpoint for Mac OS (Sophos UTM 9 appliances)  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GlenGlen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos are really limiting their prospective clients with this and also alienating their existing one. The fact that a 'home user' can download a Sophos Mac anti-virus product for free but businesses with UTM's can't buy it......... Seriously something wrong with your business model!!!

• Antony StreetAntony Street commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're a school with an SG-450 deployment. We have more macs than Windows PCs and as you have the endpoint software for Mac, I don't see the issue.

The lack of this feature will steer us on our imminent AV renewal to use another product that may not be Sophos. Having this feature, which we're quite happy to pay for, built into the SG-450 would ensure we stay in the fold because we're not unhappy with Sophos AV and it is so much easier for us to manage.

• James BrownJames Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was suggested over 2 years ago.

It has got enough votes now to be in the top 20 feature requests, but not a single comment from anyone at Sophos.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently testing UTM 9.2 in a small (x25) Mac environment... really happy with the product thus far. BUT... just hit a major wall. No MAC endpoint client.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the Mac client was available for update on the Enterprise Console and I have now upgraded a client to UTM (after considerable pushing from Sophos) I find the downgrading of services quite appalling.

Is there a fix in the works?

• James BrownJames Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read somewhere that this was going to be in version 9.2, which is currently in beta. Can anyone confirm?

Feedback and Knowledge Base