Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Show disabled UTM 9.1 Toggles as red

In the new UTM 9.1 you redesigned the Toggles (to enable/disable the features). But why you make the disabled Toggles grey instead red? Please make the Toggles red again. The new Design - but red for disabled Toggles.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marco LaengMarco Laeng shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mattmatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, green vs gray is the only reasonable option. However, why not make the visual element 2x as big? It's bloody small to begin with and people probably aren't noticing the state change from 'O' to 'I' to indicate OFF vs ON. (sorry Americans, the international standard is circle vs bar). It's not like the UI isn't taking up 50+ vertical pixels displaying the rules in a gratuitous and frankly grating picture format. What is this, Firewalls for Barbie and Ken?

• Eric R.Eric R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this as described! Whichever color - don't care - but not white...

How often I see people losing hours of staring why something does not work and the sad faces they make when they realise it's a disabled something.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Red and green looks quite similar for color-blind people. At a dark screen or a black-and-white screen also.
        Grey and green is great usability thinking.

• Joe HardenJoe Harden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a red/green color blind person, I find the update much improved. Please do NOT switch back to red.

• Tom DuffTom Duff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, the grey blends in with the light colored background and it's not easy to see what's disabled and what's enabled when glancing at a large list. The little switch icons are OK, but I agree..the "off" position should be changed to red.

Feedback and Knowledge Base