Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Notifications: Email Alert for RED Tunnel Status

It would be good to be able to tell when a RED device has lost connectivity from the ASG/UTM without having the end user telling us or having to log in to the ASG/UTM.

A Simple email alert would suffice, and would be easy to implement as the Tunnel light indicator would be the trigger for the email alert.

This could live under the Red Management section of the ASG/UTM interface.

SNMP does not allow this to happen because of the fact that the ethernet ports on the the ASG/UTM will always remain up because of the Layer 2 nature of the connection.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheraz BhattiSheraz Bhatti shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news. Thank you Sheraz for suggesting this. It is good for keeping pips clean.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any technical difficulties to implement it? Probably not.
        If GUI can read the status of RED tunnel, email alert would be easy to do
        Please consider it in a near future

• NoNo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea! We have really struggled with trying to achieve this and have managed to only by pinging something on the RED LAN side, not ideal when someone power cycles the printer!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Command Center will already do this, but yes I agree that the UTM itself should be able to alert on this as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like a big omission from and otherwise great device. Every RED we have deployed needs this feature and is screaming out for it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base