Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Wireless Protection: Give vouchers an expiration period or an expiration date

It should be possible to give hotspot vouchers an expiration period in the voucher definition so that they get a fixed expiration date when they are created.
After the expiration date the voucher should be disabled (and maybe automatically deleted) no matter if it is in use or not. The expiration date should be shown in the user portal and printed on the voucher.

This is important to us because we create an amount of vouchers for our guests when they visit us. Some guests use it some not. Some vouchers lie around for an amount of time. At the moment you have no control which vouchers can be deleted. If they had a expiration date old vouchers would expire by themselves and would clean up automatically.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephan FietzekStephan Fietzek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephan FietzekStephan Fietzek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a bad way of implementation because this way you would have to options:
        1. short validity period = you have to use the voucher right after creation and can't create them in advance
        2. long validity period = you can create several vouchers in advance but the user can use it much longer then you want to

It would be much better to have 2 separate time spans: validity after activation (first use) and expiration (counting from creation)

• Marco WolfMarco Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because vouchers only get active after the first login and active vouchers already expire after the validity period there could be an option that the creation date of this voucher is equal to the starting date of the voucher.

This goal could be achieved e.g. with a checkbox in the voucher definition page: creation date = starting date
        or with a checkbox in the user portal where a new voucher is created.

Feedback and Knowledge Base