Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Authentication: Active Directory SSO with Windows Live ID

There are compatibility issues with the AD SSO authentication on Windows 7 machines running Microsoft Live ID Assistant.

The only solution provided until now is to uninstall the Live ID, but it keeps getting installed by Windows Updates and has built in many applications (like the Essentials or Movie Maker).

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcos MachadoMarcos Machado shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update u2d-sys-9.201023-202028.tgz.gpg from Date 15.May 2014 don't exist any more on the Sophos FTP Server. !!!
        The newly Update is u2d-sys-9.201023-201025.tgz.gpg with Date 22.May.2014

• Marcos MachadoMarcos Machado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solved in 9.202 release. Update package available at:
        ftp://ftp.astaro.de/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.201023-202028.tgz.gpg

• Neadom TuckerNeadom Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow it took me 3 weeks to find this post!!!! Holy Cow! I had to remove the 365 Sign In Assistant to fix this issue on our network.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We realize that the Live ID Sign on Assistant breaks the behind the scenes AD SSO with Astaro but Astaro still neeeds to address the issue! We installed CRM 2011 and it broke the internet connection for every user!!!
        I put my money on Astaro being able to resolve the issue over Microsoft!

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows live id- sign-in assistant is a prereq of many MS programs, including CRM. CRM users are completely unable to use the Internet due the AD SSO failing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same problem, and often when we configure a new PC or notebook we receive the browser message "authentication failed" because we forgot to de-install the MS Live ID assistant.
        Would you please change that?
        Thanks, Juergen Ruchatz

Feedback and Knowledge Base