Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Logging: Search within Search Engine Logs

Would it be possible to support searching with asterisk within the search engine logs? So when some people had searched for "i want a new job" or "better Jobs" I want a search within the log with "*jobs*" and I can see all those search terms from the users.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michel from NetworkGuy.deMichel from NetworkGuy.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michel from NetworkGuy.deMichel from NetworkGuy.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No that is not working. I'm just typing the word "bank" (no quotes) as filter with option "Search Term" and I have no entries after this but there are words like "volksbank" or "deutsche bank".

• Angelo ComazzettoAdminAngelo Comazzetto (Product Ninja, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michel,

We already do wildcard by default, hence if someone is looking for "ryan seacrest" in google, and you type in just "searc" (no quotes of course) it will return all those log lines in the webfilter log when using the logfile search.

Does this solve what you need? If not, please provide a bit more info, as what you have asked for in your explanation is already the behaviour; searching for "jobs" would return all log lines with *jobs* in it....

Feedback and Knowledge Base