Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Authentication: Additional LDAP Attributes Support

Add a configuration option for adding a query filter attribute for additional email-addresses for user settings.
like searching for email destination (|(mail=%s)(otherMailbox=%s))

Its easier to maintain email-aliases like info@domain.tld in central directory.

Also, other attributes like First and Last name should be selectable if possible

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TobiasPaepkeTobiasPaepke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    moukmouk shared a merged idea: Authentication: Import "real name" from ldap field  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TobiasPaepkeTobiasPaepke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@bob: thats not exactly what i need. another example. having an email adress like user1@example.com and an additional address johndoe@example.com which are assigned to the same user. Currently i can assign additionally email-addresses in the user preferences (Users - users - username-edit - additional email addresses). but we have this in the Active Directory already. Historically, a lot of users have up to 3 aliases. where all of these can be totally different. like surname.lastname@oldcompany.com, lastname@newcompany.de, username0815@anothercompany.net.
        If we don't maintain these aliases on astaro they won't get the mails assigned to their quarantine report.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tobias, presently, it is possible to enter 'Mailing List Address Patterns' on the 'Exceptions' tab of 'Quarantine Report'. The manual comments: "If the e-mail address of a mailing list is configured in the Mailing List Address Patterns box (e.g., newsletter@example.com) and a spam message sent to this mailing list was detected and redirected to the e-mail quarantine, the Quarantine Report of all recipients included in this mailing list will contain a link to this spam message. Thus, each recipient can release this spam message individually by entering his e-mail address in a user prompt that appears once the recipient has clicked the Release link in the Quarantine Report."

Doesn't that accomplish your goal?

Cheers - Bob
        PS This is another example of a situation that is addressed quickly on the User BB.

Feedback and Knowledge Base