Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Wireless Protection: Site Monitoring Tool

Implement a WiFi Site Monitor showing a "map" of all connected APs and Clients around you, and rogue APs. Plus show more detail of WiFi infrastructure like a spectrum of the 2,4GHz band, to identify interference and non WiFi devices that will lower connections speeds more easily.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcus SchenkMarcus Schenk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GuyFawkesGuyFawkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, since Version 6.0.1.
        This is the leading third party tool for this task, this is nothing for an UTM (the UTM is not a planning and visualization tool).
        We are using Ekahau and because of this hint, I looked after the AP30 and AP50. Until now I have only played with it, but not tested for real projects. For the future, we can also plan WLAN infrastructures not only with cisco APs, but also with Sophos APs. Thanks Sophos!

• NeogotenNeogoten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is nice that is it included in a third party tool, there are plenty of third party tools that could be used in a similar manner. I like the idea of the map being integrated into the UTM console so that when I click on AP management I can choose the locations (if multiple sites) and then select based on floors and see the topology with signal strength and interference for each AP all at once graphically.

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In some hospital they use automated trolley to deliver meal tray or drugs to patient.
        these trolley are managed and controlled by wifi.
        so yes a "map" will be usefull, to knows where they are located in the building.

Feedback and Knowledge Base