Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Wireless Protection: Option to log voucher number within web surfing activity

A great thing would be also the log every access to a website with the voucher number information. So it's possible to track illegal surfing attempts to a user based on the voucher provided to them.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leônidas SaldanhaLeônidas Saldanha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree with this request, it should log IP address using this voucher too. So once we notice ilegal activity on the network we could cancel the voucher to block user activity.

• Thomas LargenThomas Largen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I back up this request. To be compliant with the french law, we need to be able to identify what voucher's user is surfing on wich website.

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Main legal claim today in France is the ability to trace voucher's user when he surf on internet using this voucher.
        In case of lawsuit owner of the internet acces must provide the proof of user's activities

• Martin BeckerAdminMartin Becker (Product Manager, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ralf: Not sure if I get you correctly, but you can achieve this by simply adding a paragraph to your terms of use saying that every web session will be logged and then simply enable the hotspot config option "Users have to accept terms of use". Or do you prefer to have another checkbox available on the login page?

• Ludovic PenyLudovic Peny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think in France this is very similar than in Germany. As soon as a network is publicly available, the owner is responsible of what is done through this network.
        Technically, the administrator have to be able to determine WHO used the Internet connection (WHERE) at which date (WHEN).
        If the voucher could appear as username in the webfiltering rules, it could be a good first step.

• Sascha GrzeschikSascha Grzeschik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simplest way would be to see the Vocher Code in the Websecurity Logs. We have a manual documentation which vocher code was used by which external user. So we would be able to retrace the user in case of any legal irregularities.

• Ralf LuithleRalf Luithle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every owner of a Internet Connection is reponsible in Germany for breaking law using the connection. Therefore it's required to have the possibility to track the usage. You can add a fix extension to the welcome page that logging is enabled and possible and the user have to agree.

Feedback and Knowledge Base