Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Reporting: AD/eDir Backend Group "Departments"

Logging and Reporting - Web Security

Would love the ability to run reports based off of AD/eDir backend groups. Either by adding this functionality separately or by allowing the addition of backend groups to the ASG's built-in "Departments".

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jeffhoover70jeffhoover70 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ramon LustratiRamon Lustrati shared a merged idea: Departemente und Auswertungen  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott GlewScott Glew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Fastvue is a company that specializes in web reporting and we've just launched a new reporting app exclusively for Sophos UTM.

It pulls Department information from Active Directory and automatically links this to the authenticated username logged by Sophos UTM.

You can then run reports on Department 'Equal to' Marketing for example and see top users, sites, categories, and launch further reports as required.

We'd really appreciate your thoughts on the beta:
        http://fastvue.co/sophos

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will lose a sale of a UTM 425 ( active passive cluster ) as a result of this feature not being available. If it can at least get onto the roadmap I might be able to salvage the deal.

• Deni IlicDeni Ilic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can’t agree more with this. Organising 600+ employees to get any decent reporting is just a pain. Especially since we already have groups ready in AD that should be importable. Doesn’t seem like anything difficult to implement and would make our lives a lot easier.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same idea was proposed in German last November, and it's one of those ideas that seems obvious. Who needs Reporting the most? - companies with thousands of employees. Who can't use the currrent tools available on the Astaro to manage a local copy of all their employees? - companies with thousands of employees.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. There needs to be more flexibility. At present, in order to do departmental reporting, not only are AD-groups not allowed, Local users are not allowed! The only way to get deparments is to pre-fetch ALL of the employees and individually put them into Departments. When a business gets much larger than 20 people, this is not at all practical.

Feedback and Knowledge Base