Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Wireless: SMS Passcode for HotSpot

Add a fourth variant for hotspot type "SMS Passcode". User enters his mobile phone number into captive portal, and will obtain a passcode via SMS. Just got this requirement today from a partner, who wants to set up a free public wifi hotspot this way for a customer...

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sascha ParisSascha Paris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    quartinoquartino shared a merged idea: Wireless Hotspot with SMS sent authentication voucher  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all.

kindly advice or suggest anything about the device name, because right now in dubai is mandatory also, and i need to setup this kind of device for my cafe shop restaurant.

avtcw79
        adrian_tph@yahoo.com

• Kod4kromeKod4krome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if the #'s could be checked against a preconfigured list before sending the SMS as well. If only to block abusers.

• George PendaGeorge Penda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phonefactor, SMSPassword are good options here. Tested and tried them both including support and working out roi. Had a really bad experience with Securenvoy when it took the whole test server down (support was a waste of time so binned that quickly)

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agreed with Sascha
        It become mandatory here in France too
        for the same reasons : tracking and identifying the user

• Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use SecurEnvoy's solution - has soft tokens, SMS options the lot... and a lot simpler to integrate with my box

• Sascha ParisSascha Paris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also would ease up to be law compliant, as user tracking due mobile phone number, which is unique

Feedback and Knowledge Base