Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Limit UserPortal Choices Per-User

Disable the user-portal items on a per-user base.
EG. Reception should issue the vouchers for the guests and nothing more but she gets items she doesn't need .HTML5-VPN (with no connections), password change, HTTPS Certificate.

It would be nice to disable user-portal features for her but not for all, so she only gets the Hotspot Tab!

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jens L.Jens L. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AlexisAlexis shared a merged idea: WebAdmin: UserPortal Features Per-User  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Angelo ComazzettoAdminAngelo Comazzetto (Product Ninja, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again on this, currently the UserPortal will already limit the choices available on a per-user basis. However this will only be possible in the current system if you specify users per-feature. If you are using server-backend groups for a feature like SSL VPN, then indeed all users in that group would be enabled for this.

Is that your scenario or did you not already know we limit the choices automatically per-user? Let us know!

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to add an explanation on the second point :
        - ideally sub web pages could be generated according to the group the logged user belong to

Feedback and Knowledge Base