Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Application Control: Apply rules to Active Directory Users/Groups

Astaro please include application control rules applicable to users group in AD. Very important to include.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adnan ManzoorAdnan Manzoor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Duncan NewellDuncan Newell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Does "Although it is possible to use AD groups for App Control right now, there are limitations." mean ? I cant get it to work with groups, although it allows you to drag them in. Like many we want to allow certain groups to access some things and others to be denied.

• William PiovezanWilliam Piovezan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm using the last 9.4 version even with STAS that Application Control still only recognizes IP source host network definitions. User/group network definitions are not supported.

So this is definitively a feature request to improve Application Control management.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about support for Active Directory in a pure IPv6 environment. Currently you can only implement an Authentication server over IPv4.

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is their any update about this feature? I tried to build an allow rule before the block rule. But it is only working with Host and Networks Objects. User and usergroups are not working. A really important feature as special users need special access.

• Carlos RochaCarlos Rocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

....Although it is possible to use AD groups for App Control right now....

Can you give us some details of the actual implementation ? Tried almost everything and AD groups does not work at all on APP control.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!
        We have a much more another Functions, which based on User-names.
        It's unusual, that it not work for Application control!
        And we have possibility to Choose it in web-UI!

Customers don't understand this behavior! (

• Hi every oneHi every one commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi every one
        I also need this feature to be available where certain users are able to bypass the rules of the UTM. i.e they just use the utm as a internet gateway and exempted from any rules imposed on them....

• Markus KnappeMarkus Knappe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also desperately need. WebSecurity can be defined in a user-level, applicationcontrol only in a network-level.
        Please implement that application control can be defined in a user-level with AD.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find it now, but there is a similar request for being able to use AD-authenticated backed groups to define Departments in Reporting. Maybe an admin could find the various suggestions and group them.

Here's where BangkokBob and I discussed this on the User BB: http://www.astaro.org/astaro-gateway-products/management-networking-logging-reporting/39846-web-security-reporting-8-202-a.html

Cheers - Bob

Feedback and Knowledge Base