Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Application Control: Apply rules to Active Directory Users/Groups

Astaro please include application control rules applicable to users group in AD. Very important to include.

180 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adnan ManzoorAdnan Manzoor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is their any update about this feature? I tried to build an allow rule before the block rule. But it is only working with Host and Networks Objects. User and usergroups are not working. A really important feature as special users need special access.

• Carlos RochaCarlos Rocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

....Although it is possible to use AD groups for App Control right now....

Can you give us some details of the actual implementation ? Tried almost everything and AD groups does not work at all on APP control.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!
        We have a much more another Functions, which based on User-names.
        It's unusual, that it not work for Application control!
        And we have possibility to Choose it in web-UI!

Customers don't understand this behavior! (

• Hi every oneHi every one commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi every one
        I also need this feature to be available where certain users are able to bypass the rules of the UTM. i.e they just use the utm as a internet gateway and exempted from any rules imposed on them....

• Markus KnappeMarkus Knappe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also desperately need. WebSecurity can be defined in a user-level, applicationcontrol only in a network-level.
        Please implement that application control can be defined in a user-level with AD.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find it now, but there is a similar request for being able to use AD-authenticated backed groups to define Departments in Reporting. Maybe an admin could find the various suggestions and group them.

Here's where BangkokBob and I discussed this on the User BB: http://www.astaro.org/astaro-gateway-products/management-networking-logging-reporting/39846-web-security-reporting-8-202-a.html

Cheers - Bob

Feedback and Knowledge Base