Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Web Protection: HTTP Connection Timeout Configuration

As some websites require content delivery by backend database servers the connection timeout between a very active server and a slow database can result in a page timeout.

By default the ASG http proxy has a value of 60 seconds before closing the connection. Currently this is only configurable to a higher value in cc, please place an option for this in the advanced tab.

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cameron ByersCameron Byers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dennis BoogDennis Boog shared a merged idea: Adjust timeout on webproxy  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+4 I can't believe this isn't an option. Like, seriously? This makes Sophos seem like a consumer grade product not being able to allow this.

• Terry JohnsonTerry Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fixed timeout is not helpful if you invoke long-running reports, SQL queries, or backup scripts.

It also seems to interfere with something in Windows Live.

• stuartpattonstuartpatton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 from me. This has been the bane of my life since Squid was silently replaced with the proprietary proxy.

Also, Squid is tolerant when the amount of data sent by the HTTP server doesn't match what's in the HTTP header (it still displays the content) - the Astaro proxy displays an error (or it used to). I'd like to see this become a option on the proxy configuration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base