Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Custom Administration Roles

Expand granularity of WebAdmin roles. Current access gives an "Office Manager" too much control across too many areas under each "manager" or "auditor" level term. We have the need to let one person Release Spam and add URLs to control office traffic

It would be nice if there was a list of available areas and operations with the ability for us to make a role composed of our selections.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    charles sterlingcharles sterling shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Daniel WoltmannDaniel Woltmann shared a merged idea: WebAdmin: Roles for Creator & Activator  ·   · 
    Oliver LubekOliver Lubek shared a merged idea: WebAdmin: Role for Site-to-Site VPN Access Control Only  ·   · 
    SeanSean shared a merged idea: User Access: Limit Access to Single area within Category - For ex.)URL Filtering under Web Filtering  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to be able to access the parts of the WebAdmin for these invividual roles (Mail Manager, VPNManager) directly rather than having to access the whole WebAdmin Interface.

e.g. a URL that went directly to Mail Manager with the login page if required would be a great advantage

• GiulianoGiuliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to add an access control role limited to site-to-site VPN management.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right, I read this as a request to be able to limit access overall to VPN users. Oliver is suggesting that it be possible to delegate Site-to-Site VPN management just as it now is possible to delegate Remote Access management.

• Oliver LubekOliver Lubek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, after asking on the forum we agreed that this is currently not possible, hence it stays a feature request.

• Oliver LubekOliver Lubek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is? The Sophos support team told me it's not and I should go post it as a feature request. Anyway I'll post that question on the forum, thanks Bob.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sean, you didn't say what version. In V8.2, you can add "Any" to 'Users/Groups allowed to bypass blocking', and then each bypass will be reported - that way they never have to wait on you.

Also in V8, it is possible to give them access to reports and to view things while preventing them from making any changes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base