Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Wireless: Reboot / Restart of Access Points

Ability to restart a connected wireless access point from the ASG web interface. Sometimes I find they are not working corrected and need to be rebooted/restart/powercycled. It would be nice if this could be done remotely, right from the web interface.

302 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ray MorrisonRay Morrison shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea this needs to be a feature, like other here, needed to reboot the APs for the first time and realized that there isn't a button to do that.

Had to use Rudolf's suggestion below and change the region on them twice to force a reboot.

• Rudolf EksteenRudolf Eksteen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to add something that might help other people in the meantime. I updated to 9.4 and had the same issue as Nick Y. It would have taken a week to restart all AP's but found that if you change the region on the AP it restarts the AP. Unfortunately you will have to do it twice for each AP as you need to change the region back again. Hope it helps others out as well. This feature is really required and this is not the first time we needed a reboot/restart button on the UTM

• Nick YNick Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following latest update to UTM's have got the
        "download_ca: No trusted fingerprint found in certificate chain HUB."
        Sophos answer, reboot AP. Would be such a simple fix if we actually had a Reboot AP option on the UTM. Can't believe 4 years and still not available.

• Steve T.Steve T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my two cents to this though I don't see it happening anytime soon. Been since 2012 for this request. What's up?

• Matthew GlennonMatthew Glennon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hadn't ever had to reboot them before, and went looking for the option and was surprised that it didn't exist? How is this not a thing?

• jcgillettejcgillette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not available !!!!
        How to restart the AP that are in the ceiling
        When you have 40 AP you must restart all manually
        That's crazy ! Please add this feature

• Greg FreedmanGreg Freedman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It kills me that such a simple feature like this is not available. Ideally, i'd like to see a reboot/restart option for each individual access point and a master button that reboots them all at once.

• adriadri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

aggreed , i;ve problem with AP on WAN , in frequently is going inactive , only i can do is restarting the UTM , because restarting th AP did'nt work

• DarrenDarren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly handy. We provide IT support to a site that has a remote office in another country with Sophos 4 AP's. Onsite they have limited technical expertise. Such a feature would allow us to test and resolve issues without having to bother them....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important requierment! This just happend today at a customer installation.

1++ !

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base