Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

VPN: Allow UTM to act as a VPN Client

Add a VPN Client support such as L2TP inside ASG so it can connect to a VPN solution without needing to setup Site2Site.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jpvigneaultjpvigneault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This item should be combined with "SSL VPN: Convert .ovpn to .apc/.epc for Site-to-Site SSL Tunnels", because they have the same objective. Combined, they would be the 5th highest requested item.

• glovatoglovato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob:
        this is not available as using that interface option requires a physical port which is senseless.
        I'd also like to see this implemented as sometimes having to mass implement pptp connections on the endstations is annoying and leaves me with no control over the traffic passed

• Joshua B.Joshua B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't forget OpenVPN too!
        This feature entirely can be great for using an out-of-country VPN for your entire network. Especially for countries that block sites such as YouTube, without having to setup a VPN on each computer (unfortunately bypassing the UTM completely)

• BarryGBarryG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If implemented, I would like this to include an option to disable outgoing traffic if the VPN goes down, as well as an email notification.

• jpvigneaultjpvigneault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally the PPPoA client dosen't support any configuration and is currently set to not require-mppe-128, and there is no way to enable this in the gui.

• jpvigneaultjpvigneault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob, this is right, except that the PPTP client need to be bounded to an interface. So it you want 5 different PPTP connection established you need to dedicate as many NIC.

If Adding a VPN client was implemented the way I suggest it, you could create "virutal PPTP interface" without a network card attached, and be able to use it with the firewall etc.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already is available for PPTP. In 'Interfaces', select DSL (PPPoA/PPTP). Then make some Firewall rules, and you're done!

Feedback and Knowledge Base