Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Ability to Sort by Any Field

It would be nice if one could sort the various object lists by arbitrary fields.
E.g. services by protocol, by source port, by dest port
or DHCP static mappings by mac or ip.
Implementing it in a generic matter so that it is available for all lists would greatly increase flexibility with probably reasonable costs.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank LichtenheldFrank Lichtenheld shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HansHans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From 8.003 to 8.100 the classic sort-by-number is no longer possible. My lists are sorted by their entry numbers. I have some hundrets of entries...
        but the idea of different sorting criteria is great.

• Thieu Hon TranThieu Hon Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm always trying to stay calm, but THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
        Even when I remove some hosts from a network group, save the group and then add it back to the group, the re-added hosts don't stay where I dropped them. The list seems to be shuffled by ASG. I'm currently trying to write an overview of the host-definitions, which takes ten times as much time because these lists are not sorted!

• Thieu Hon TranThieu Hon Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I submitted this bug to our Astaro first-level-support. They talked with an Astaro-employee and he said it has always been like that! I'll submit this bug again, this time referring to this thread.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this isnt a feature request, but a BUG in the current implementation. Lists were always sorted prior to about 7.3. I would urge people to enter a support ticket to Astaro asking that the list sorts be fixed.

• Peter KluthPeter Kluth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problems here. But that is not all:
        It is difficult to identify wrong entries when the definitions have more than 12 characters and you have to use the internal scroll bars (horizontal and vertical). So administration takes lot of more time and it could be much faster if ALL group fields would be sortet (again) ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base