Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Notifications: SMS Notifications Support

When you plugin a 3G modem/UMTS, it should be possible to use this to send SMS notifiers.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AvpAvp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • flaserraflaserra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this case (more asg / red in separate geopgraphical areas), in my opinion, this feature shoul be move under ACC... not in reporting area of ASG.

• AvpAvp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What you propose to use AdvancedHostMonitor is very good for one or two centralized ASG, but when you have many ASG or many RED device, in separate geographical do not think it's a good idea.

Consider, for example about 35 branch offices all in separate geographical regions and some central office (imagine a supermarket or bank). In this scenario it is very difficult (and expensive) to have a AdvancedHostMonitor in each small office.

I think there is another firewall (not that I know) with this facility or feature and therefore it is a great selling point.

• flaserraflaserra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that the best way is to use a dedicated software for monitoring (you can choose between hundreds of different tests). I use AdvancedHostMonitor and I have connected a mobile phone with usb port.

Feedback and Knowledge Base