Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: Integrated Wake on LAN Service

Add the wake on lan functionality. Provide the possibility to create a table (INTERFACE | MAC ADDRESS | DESCRIPTION ) where we can store the mac address of hosts to wake up. Also, the wake up command can be scheduled or manually executed.

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tommaso RossettoTommaso Rossetto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Walter SiewertWalter Siewert shared a merged idea: It would be very good in the UTM web interface (admin login) is a Wake On LAN tool to integrate! Would that be possible? For example, under  ·   · 
    Andrew S.Andrew S. shared a merged idea: Allow Network Address Translation DNAT to broadcast address  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of our customers wants this feature for "green it" ... to only start the pc in there company, if its necessary.

Would be a realy perfect function in the userportal, switch on the device that was assigned to you by the admin.

• flaserraflaserra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very good if integrated in userportal. So users can wake up their pc and use them with html5 vpn

• xyzzy_rad_euxyzzy_rad_eu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i second this request!!

it should be really easy to make, seeing how it can allready be done through the console:
        sudo /usr/sbin/ether-wake -i eth0 00:14:C2:CA:A6:D2

you can even replace 'eth0' by 'reds1' if you have a redbox

i agree with all the additional functions suggested by OP.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew, have you tried this with Remote Access (I use L2TP over IPsec) instead of a DNAT?

• Andrew S.Andrew S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to create the rule using the method you provided, however the destination mac (in the WOL packet) is translated to the mac of the ASG adapter and thus it did not wake the target computer. I don't understand this behavior, maybe that puts me in the bad network admin category. :\

If I create a DNAT rule specifying an individual computer, rather than the broadcast address, I am able to wake an internal computer from outside the ASG. This just means I have to create a NAT rule for any device I want to be able to wake.

• Marcus SchenkMarcus Schenk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a WOL entry should be linkable to the appropriate VPN User so that he can log in into the User Portal an Wake-Up his or her PC inside the corporate network from home.

Feedback and Knowledge Base