Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Web Security: Time-Based Application Control Rules

Hi,
time based application filtering would be very nice, for example make it possible to use facebook apps at lunch time but rest of day block it

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AchimAchim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    fatihfatih shared a merged idea: web security, application control schedule, much needed. I think it needs to be done immediately.  ·   · 
    Daniel GurgelDaniel Gurgel shared a merged idea: Time Control - Application Control  ·   · 
    Denis CanayaDenis Canaya shared a merged idea: schedule blocking of peer to peer  ·   · 
    Andres MaduroAndres Maduro shared a merged idea: Time-Based IM/P2P  ·   · 

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vladimir IlićVladimir Ilić commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 from me...

Several my clients already asked for that feature in their environments.
        Adding Time Event combo box in Rule definition should be enough.

• vrp3vrp3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing an Application Control rule to be a criteria within a Filter Action would be extremely helpful.

• Daniel GurgelDaniel Gurgel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As such an important feature, it has not been considered yet?
        Angelo did an update on 2 novemebro 2012?

• RessaRessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be a very good feature, lots of our prospect customers ask for it ... :)

• mmshanifmmshanif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

time base application and as well as like capitve portal for the guest access such as for hotel industry

• mack mack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes indeed great feature it keep same ip attacker away for a while :))

• JaccoJacco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would really help me controlling access to applications like skype, msn ect.
        Time based Application Control is really a great feature.

• rfcatimrfcatim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would add extra functionality to the time based management of the ASG, in addition to the web and packfilter. The ability to drop existing connections should be considered and be a user (admin) choice.
        This feature might be able to pickup streaming video/audio and even drop existing http proxy connections. Socks proxy needs a similar feature to cover things like skype which can bypass application control.

• rfcatimrfcatim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To provide a complete block function (additional to web and packet filter) the application filtering rules need to have the ability to be time base managed. Further the time based implementation needs the ability to drop existing connections, maybe user configurable.

• alhadialhadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes but it will be intersting to allow like say msn for 2 hours on lunch time and then block again.

• Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you asked this question on the User BB? Although it might indeed be interesting to add time events here as in the HTTP Proxy, I believe your customers can achieve this functionality today with the current Astaro.

Feedback and Knowledge Base