Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Logging: Restore Logs into new Installation

When you install a new server, all logs are lost since the logs remain at the old server.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pieter van StokkomPieter van Stokkom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaMaN841DaMaN841 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As often as hardware fails or is upgraded, it would be a nice to have to preserve Reporting History upon a new installation to ensure the Executive Reporting, Logs, Charts and other useful history of the gateway remain intact for accurate reporting and records.

A few suggestions come to mind:
        An option to back up the database much like the Web Config locally (download option).
        An option to back up the database to a network share (less prone to hard drive failure).
        An option to back up for upgrade / reinstallation that can be imported during the new installation that contains everything one would need solely to change hardware.
        Lastly, even the option to maintain a database elsewhere.

• vorsichtfallevorsichtfalle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the current roadshow of Astaro we were told that logs are sacrificed when you upgrade from v7 to v8 due to the need of having enough space on the partition for the upgrade process. Importing them after an upgrade would be nice but i was told the solution to this problem is Astaro Report Manager which -in opposite to ACC- is not for free.

• stuartpattonstuartpatton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 For this feature with Alan's suggestions. Perhaps implemented as a migration backup option where all features of the old Astaro are shutdown except Webadmin, and a backup file generated including config, spool/quarantine, databases etc which can be imported to a new server.

• Alan ToewsAlan Toews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

should also be able to transfer reporting databases, and email spool/quarantine as well. perhaps just an option to save/restore from external storage device would suffice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base