Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Hide Unlicensed Features

It would be nice, to be able to hide unneeded or unlicensed features, so the Webinterface is concise and only shows what I can work with.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    G.ReinickeG.Reinicke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BarryGBarryG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

re the commercial point of view:
        at least the unused features could be moved to the bottom of the menu.

• Cameron ByersCameron Byers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to the view option to hide areas, this already does appear in the product for webadmin customization.

To set a user to only see a particular area such as Web security and Network security goto Management>>Webadmin Settings>>Access Control.
        Create an access control view for the user account to only see the selected security areas.

• Christian RostChristian Rost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a good idea. A compromise for the proposed marketing and usabilty requests could be, to display all features to the "admin" user but only display licensed/ permitted features to other users who have access to WebAdmin. Additionaly, everything could still be displayed on the dashboard.

• Konstanze ArnoldKonstanze Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand the issue.
        Just don't click on the Feature and you don't see configuration items of your "unneeded" things.
        I know other systems and i must say, that the navigation of astaro far from overloaded gui.

And compare with an installation of variously linux distribution like to compare apples and oranges.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea.... was thinking about it just the other day.

• G.ReinickeG.Reinicke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@flaserra.

I can't agree... or you did missunderstand: If I buy consulting and technical installation service and got all information about a mind blowing featureset and finaly buy what I need, than I dont need to see a overloaded gui with features i (currently) don't need ...

That would be the same as if a linux distribution installes all software, all services like different webservers or database systems ... and you only need a print server ...

• flaserraflaserra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

from a commercial point of view, it's good to show unlicensed features, so customers can see what their product can offer...

Feedback and Knowledge Base