Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Management: Archive backups like logs

UTM only supports automatic backups sent by email or to a UTM Manager repository.
It would be great to export them via SCP, FTP, Network Share like log files can.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bastien BobeBastien Bobe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes totally agree!, we must see this happen very soon. Im very new to Astaro/Sophos world, and was very surprise this important feature was not part of the build.

• christian kuepperschristian kueppers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT´s a must be. Backup ma not be on the same device that is backupd
        ed. Otherwise with a failure of the device the backup is unaccessible too. Wished latest for 9.1.

• jbishirjbishir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Backing up to a ftp site or NAS device is a great way to backup configs. I currently am the only one who actually opens the emails to back them up, but if I am gone or something, no one else really cares or remembers to do this. It would be nice for an auto backup feature.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would not solve it for us - storing to a file share like the logfile copy function would be great.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoying to have to receive the 1MB+ emails and copy the files to a fileserver manually. Can't remember ANY system that does "Backups" that way and goes onto admins nerves like this ;-)

• Thomas GageThomas Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would only be happy with it if the ASG appliance were the one to initiate the auto-save of the configuration backup file to a shared folder location. The backup to email is extremely good and useful, but it would improve our weekly routine quite a bit if it could also save to a shared folder location, like we do with the log files.

• Aaron GreenAaron Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy if we even knew where the .abf files were stored on the appliance, then I could go and get them myself.

Feedback and Knowledge Base