Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Authentication: Support UserPortal Logins with "username@domain.com"

Allow users to login to the User Portal with username@domain.com when joined to an Active Directory Domain

Currently the users must login with their AD username only, using their email address does not work.

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tjbbetjbbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me choose which attribute to use to find a user. Defaults to samaccount, but not limited to upn,email or other. A federative solution would delegate the choosen attribute to the federate portal.(even better)

• Mads PoulsenMads Poulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this as a problem, when running mail security for several seperate AD domains, and one AD domain contains username "John", and "John" is also a user at another AD domain.

"John" in the domain highest in the Auth. servers list, logs in fine. He's happy. untill...

The scary thing is that if "john" in the lower listed server enter his username and password, he gets logged in to the other "john" 's user portal and can access the quarantine, smtp log, etc etc..!!!! :( :( No!, Baaad spamfilter.. 1 hour in the shame box. :)

• Angelo ComazzettoAngelo Comazzetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify this feature so users can allocate their points correctly. You can currently login to the userportal against AD auth, using "username". I reworded the feature to indicate what the submitter has asked for, which is username@domain.com support for the login name.

Feedback and Knowledge Base