Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Support drivers for Hyper-v

Support for Microsoft Hyper-V would be nice

240 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    markmurphymarkmurphy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Matt HorningMatt Horning shared a merged idea: Allow ACC to run Correctly under Hyper-V  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Virtual support expanded to include MS HyperVisor and Virtual Iron  ·   · 

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • xSterxSter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, when will 8.200 be available as ISO installer download? Now only available as up2date.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Vmware was indeed leader with citrix in virtualization platforms. But hyper-v is gaining more and more share in the market. As you provide business solutions you should also provide the ability to the company to choose which platform will use. You say that asg works fine in hyper-v. You mean that if someone have a problem with asg and hyper-v you will fully support him no matter what? Four years it's a long time and you had the time to support the platform. not doing it and forcing companies to use vmware for asg products is not a good practice.

• Angelo ComazzettoAdminAngelo Comazzetto (Product Ninja, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anonymous,

The feature site is a great way for us to provide some transparency into what we are working on and what we would like to enhance our products with, however it isnt always a committed roadmap. VMware has enjoyed much stronger popularity than hyper-v, and as we are also heavy VMware users at Astaro, we focused on support for them.

I would like to add ASG runs just fine in Hyper-V, however once we officially support it, we gain some enhanced network tools and also Astaro Support will be able to troubleshoot installations deployed on this platform. There are many factors to adding this kind of 'support', not just drivers for better integration. We're working on it!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strange that after 3-4 years that hyper-v (and R2 later) is released, astaro products doesn't support this platform. I don't see why i should install vmware just to virtualize astaro. Only promises that will be supported in 7.5xx, then 8.xx, then 8.1xx and now 8.200.

• Dan RossiDan Rossi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in the process of upgrading 29 schools to Ver 8.0
        I would like to use Hyper-v for my upgrade by the end of April 2011.
        Any way you can push to make this happen would be great!

• xSterxSter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great step forward for small/medium businesses without VMWare knowledge and urge to consolidate hardware.

• Stephen DavisStephen Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just an FYI most of my Fortune 1000 clients are moving away from ESX to Hyper-v because its already included in what they paid for and is essentially free.

• mtcentermtcenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hyper-V support would be really important, as the second virtulization plattform on market.

• Aaron MarksAaron Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the Hyper-V Integration Services being included in the latest Linux kernels, this should be easier than ever to do now.

• Yung HonYung Hon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We actually using only Hyper-V R2 2008 by company policy. To implement Astaro Secure GW it must run on Hyper-V.

• Marc MeyersMarc Meyers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It dosen't make sence to install also VMware on a Windows 2008 R2 Environement. As the world turns more to the virtual World it should be virtualisized.

• jpvigneaultjpvigneault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also looking forward for Hyper-V Drivers into V8. I currently have 7.5 under Hyper-v which run OK, but optimized network driver instead of the emulated Legacy one would greatly reduce CPU usage on my setup.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base