Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Networking: Add IGMP proxy

Implement a simpe IGMP proxy so that IPTV at least from T-Home Entertain can be received. This is different from standard Multicast as it only to pass the asg and not dynamically communicate or register with other multicast servers

645 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter RadigPeter Radig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have more and more healthcare customers who bring media to their patients bed. So in the house IPTV is the medium, which is still mostly self-powered by cable or satellite tv. Here are operator models desired, which rely on external IPTV providers.

• Christopher SparrowgroveChristopher Sparrowgrove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this implemented so AT&T Uverse IPTV can be watched from inside the network instead of placed on the AT&T Modem. It is frustrating to have to create a bypass when this should be done within the UTM Gateway

• firmwarekingfirmwareking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate seeing this feature implemented soon. VDSL availability is increasing very fast and T-Entertain is becoming more and more popular in Germany. Since this feature is available on other platforms, it's a missing checkmark on the feature comparison chart. It shouldn't take too much effort to implent it. Go for it !

• Andrew KayAndrew Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow I doubt we'll see this one anytime soon. IGMP proxying so far has only been used on any scale for IPTV but not much else. And as IPTV is almost exclusively a consumer product, a business oriented UTM is probably not going to offer a feature only used by consumers, especially if it's a feature not many paying customers use.

Wish to get this feature too. But seems like they are not interested on it at all.

• Alex LuongoAlex Luongo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to implement a separate VLAN for this at home. Would love to manage it over UTM. No news?

• Félix ClercFélix Clerc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Asked in beta 9.2 forum, this won't be in the release...
        When will this be implemented? It's even present in tomato or pfsense for years - that shouldn't be that an issue to add it to UTM???

• Félix ClercFélix Clerc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now the 6th requested feature, posted 4 years ago and it is still not at least under review?
        Please, consider adding this, in Europe more and more ISPs are using IPTV...

This was suggested in 2009 and over four (4) years later it is still waiting. I too would appreciate that this feature be implemented as soon as possible as a lot of IPTV offerings are now available and without this functionality, the UTM will not be considered under any circumstances.

• ol@fsonol@fson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, it should be really easy to implement and would grant a huge benefit for the users as IPTV is becoming more and more popular. People are complaining a lack of this feature since 7.x and now we're on 9!

• BrinkManBrinkMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Das wäre echt super, denn dann könnte ich auf den billigen Router vom Provider verzichten und nur das Profisystem einsetzen. Weitere Investitionen würden Nachkommen.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base