Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Web Protection: Policy testing tool

Provide a tool whereby an Admin can supply an IP, username, URL, and time period, which then gives back the matching profile name/number/details and result (blocked or allowed, and why).. Allows administrators to test their profile configuration easily without having to do manual testing by users at their workstations, constantly logging in and out etc...just streamlines the whole process for deployment and troubleshooting.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Oliver HamelOliver Hamel shared a merged idea: Proxy Policy "Test Rule" Button  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gene CGene C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another feature I miss after migrating from the Sophos Web Appliance to the Sophos UTM

• John VeldhuisJohn Veldhuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to see the reputation and category test on the UTM itself. Separately or as part of the HTTP Proxy Policy Test.

• Elmar HaagElmar Haag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be great. I add a similar feature here: a flow chart which similar to the one which is displayed in the "Web Secuity - HTTP/S Profiles - Overview" tab should be dynamically generated depending on the proxy profiles, filter assignments and filter actions you define in the HTTP/S and HTTPS Profiles sections. So you have one picture visualizing your personal proxy settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base