Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Reporting: QoS Visibility/Counting activity

Apply some misc improvements to the QoS system regarding how to gauge the effectiveness of the rules that have been placed. Such as counters, statistics, and usages of the configuration.. Makes the solution more competitive, gives it more usefullness, and make it easier to use by our users.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a very good ideal. I had little problems to validate the correct functionality of QoS.

• StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just posted a similar request yesterday not knowing that this request has already been made. This is an important request, otherwise the QoS feature just seems tokenistic, and is very difficult to derive any real value from. Proper QoS has to be tuned, and without good visibility, it's not possible to tune it.

• Simon ShawSimon Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody else interested in this? At the moment it's almost impossible to tell if QoS is actually working/working correctly.

• Simon ShawSimon Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! At the moment it's hard to see if QoS is actually doing anything.
        Some reports, counters or even % non QoS vs % QoS traffic or similar?
        Perhaps tie in with the VoIP / SIP proxy too?

Feedback and Knowledge Base