Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

WebAdmin: Use More Screen Resolution

Allow WebAdmin to scale (such as was the case in V6) to correctly use most/all of the available screen resolution. Use all the available vertical resolution (to avoid having to scroll) and also use as much of the horizontal space as possible. Simply stretching it to fit won't be pretty, focus on the vertical and use horizontal as it makes sense.

452 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks a little fat and old school versus almost all other firewalls - and ive used a lot. It does look better than cyberroam though :)

• Marcus HockMarcus Hock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially the FW Rules view is really unergonomic. I think it would be much better readable if it was a more tabular design, like checkpoint has it. BTW, checkpoints feature to hide / unhide rule-groups is very nice, too (a "+" and "-" at each group) . Would be great in UTM!!

• NP BalingenNP Balingen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an alternate view of the list views that is more compact
        So it would be nice to have i.e. in firewall rule list only one line per rule to get more overview. Also in other lists with more than 20 lines it's better to have a better view. To switch between original view and a overview could be a solution to hit all needs :)

@Angelo, any further progress on this? I'm using V8.202 and still have situations where I have about three scroll bars (e.g. Proxy FIltering Rules). This is a nightmare and should be reformated in one of the next major releases. Please see also the comment 10 months ago... thx

I find the ASG GUI very attractive and very well arranged. Still I find the multiple vertical scroll bars more than very annoying. On my Laptop I have a resolution of 1366 x 768 which is very common on today 13” units.
        For example on the Web Security > HTTP/S > Exception screen there are always two scrollbars. One embedded for the list view and another for the browser window. Examples like this can be found all over the whole ASG GUI.
        My request would be reduce the GUI to either one of these two scroll bars.

Tx in advance for considering this very soon ;-)

• Thomas DieckmannThomas Dieckmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fixed resolution of ASG7 is outdated. I'd like to have this feature very soon. Maybe the complete web-interface needs a redesign and a multi-window feature for different functions like looking at network definitions at the same time, when looking at live logs or browsing log files.

Feedback and Knowledge Base