Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Backup: Partial Backup/Restore

Allow a user to create and restore backup files that contain only parts of the configuration.. users would be able to selectivly make use of various parts of the configuration in other firewalls, allowing for easier rollout of multi-site locations. As well, they can restore only parts of a backup file that are required, thus allowing for faster recovery and without affecting all areas of the box.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Scott MorganScott Morgan shared a merged idea: Ability to edit a backup image for new sites  ·   · 
    MarkusMarkus shared a merged idea: Notifications Export/Import  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RoonRoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been looking for this too for ages, too bad hasn't been implemented yet. I'm sure this would be appreciated by many.

• BarryGBarryG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would especially like to be able to separately restore Network and Service Definitions.

• Edwin GameroEdwin Gamero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many customers can get a good restore after some hardware or network change. A feature needed long time ago and still it is nos developed. Maybe soon someone can retake the idea.

• emerson8emerson8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100%.
        I've just done a "manual" copy/paste of and older Astaro-SW PC to new hardware and...
        somewhere, it simply BROKE. Sure,, got a backup but restoring that simply restores the (unknown) reason for it to break.......

• Nick HoldenNick Holden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great idea - would aid roll outs and would also allow you to push out a configuration in parts - so if you don't want to overwrite IP addresses, Licenses or Certificates for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base