Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

Reporting: Web Reports for Users by Time Period (Chronological)

Allow reports to be created for web security which outline a users activity during a time period.. Allows admins to determine what a user was doing in regards to surfing during a certain timespan.

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    vicfvicf shared a merged idea: An easier way for individual user webaccess reporting  ·   · 
    Pongsathorn S.Pongsathorn S. shared a merged idea: Web security timeline report  ·   · 
    Gertfried ZobelGertfried Zobel shared a merged idea: On what time on a certain URL?  ·   · 
    Scott KlassenScott Klassen shared a merged idea: Reporting: Time-Based Reports  ·   · 

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Web Filtering reports showing the time of day would be extremely useful, especially when you have policies for different times of the day so that you could see what the user was doing within these different times.

• BrandonBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently on 9.2 and that feature is not available. It would be great to have that info populate to show users going to specific sites, the date/time, etc. via reporting. It currently only shows the parent url, specific url would be nice. For instance, go.com, that could be a slew of different things people could be accessing. Is it espn, movies, etc? it doesn't show the specific url users are going to.

• Scott GlewScott Glew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,

Fastvue is a company that specializes in web reporting and we've just launched a new reporting app exclusively for Sophos UTM.

It includes a feature called 'Activity Reports' that provides a chronological list of activity grouped into browsing sessions that can be expanded to show full URLs, categories and actions.

We'd really appreciate your thoughts on the beta:
        http://fastvue.co/sophos

• Karel HoltzhausenKarel Holtzhausen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We installed the Sophos UTM 9.2 Beta but still cannot report on specific time period's. Is this feature still planned for 9.2 or are we missing something?

• Hans KnopHans Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason why our client purchase an UTM is the reporting, date and time stamp is a must on these reports. It should also be easier to generate basic reports like which websites has the user visited during this period and for how long

• Paul DienesPaul Dienes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this not been implemented yet? It's been talked about since 2010!!!!!!
        How as an Admin can I generate a meaningful, detailed report of a user's(by IP) internet usage with a custom time range and displayed in chronological order?

• DMGDMG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very limited and crude ... There is no option pull report for a period of time such as hours (11-10h, 30h for example) ... which is very important.

This feature needs more ripening.

• Deni IlicDeni Ilic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our mangegment are definitley interested in this feature. Time based reporting is exactly what they need. Hopefully implemented asap.

• Iain WilsonIain Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what my company is looking for, I have looked at using other proxying solutions, it is amazingly rare to find this feature considering that I would have thought it to be simple to do and in high demand... look forward to its inclusion!

• kphkph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am looking for this feature since we use astaros.
        it would be a large progress if it works an all reports.
        like scott klassen mentioned under "Reporting time parameter" one hour increments would be great.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see details about the time span not just what they visited but when. As an example, it would be nice to know that they visited Facebook at 10:30 AM then again at 11:15 AM etc.

Thanks.

• doyoumeandoyoumean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature. We allow 'personal' surfing during lunch and after 5 so we don't want to include these statistics in the reports.

Feedback and Knowledge Base