Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

SMTP: Multiple Hostnames/Interfaces Support

With the SMTP proxy able to handle mail for many domains, allow the proxy to be configured so that an admin can assign a hostname per profile, or have the proxy report different hostnames per outgoing interface. (and the ability to specify which domains/profiles go out which interface). Allows for easier management and adoption of many smtp domains on a single asg appliance.

395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gert HansenGert Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob AlfsonBob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, it should be possible to indicate a different smart host if different than Global.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is vital for proper tenant mail domains. A single TLS cert and DKIM key are both currently bound to all outbound mail. Until we can segregate outgoing mail traffic by sender domain, so each gets it's own DKIM profile and TLS cert, footer, postmaster address and upstream smarthost, we have to stick to NAT'd connections.

• Luke HLuke H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this feature too- it would be great to allow each SMTP profile to have a unique banner/HELO !

• Peter MottPeter Mott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The UTM should not listen for SMTP on every interface. Please provide at least a global setting to bind SMTP service to a single interface.

• Dan (Gonzzo)Dan (Gonzzo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex said it all..
        I perhaps just add the need to define a smarthost with login information per SMTP profile...
        Dan

• Adam WernerAdam Werner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very useful feature so I hope it is being strongly considered. Many of us need to support multiple mail domains and therefore having the ability to easily map an outbound mail domain to a specific WAN interface and IP address [without dealing with complicated SNAT and/or Multipath rules] would be awesome.

Thanks,
        -Adam

• Rolf MüllerRolf Müller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beeing able to adjust the IP-Address of the SMTP deamon and more over supporting individual Domains on multiple SMTP configurations as mentioned by Gert and Alex would be features greatly improving the UTM

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With multiple email domains hosted behind UTM with per domain email server
        we need ability to configure setting per each individual email domain
        Please consider in a future to add to
        SMTP Profile sections:
        - Advanced settings (Use Global settings or Use individual settings)
        such as SMTP hostname in HELO and SMTP banner strings. The Postmaster address address, Max message size
        From SMTP -> Advanced Tab -> Advanced settings

- SMTP Bound to Address (Use Uplink Interfaces /External WAN or Use individual settings)
        Additional Address of External WAN interface or Group of Additional Addresses of Uplink Interfaces)
        (Follow Global Uplink balancing settings or Use individual settings)

Right now we can use SNAT to replace External WAN IP with Additional IP for SMTP protocol, but it will apply to all email domains.

Ability to create Interface Group from Additional Address and bound SMTP traffic to such group per email domain

• gkapangkapan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to route the packets from a different interface (IP address) is crucial too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base